Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Getting "Per Item" Pivot Chart Results when data rows are identica

I've received excellent feedback to assist me tin getting my Statistical
Table to show the Count Values from my pivot when two rows have the exact
data and I need the Statistics Table to show the count of reach row as
oppossed to the sum.

Now the more complex (or maybe not) part is getting a Pivot Line Chart to to
out each point as opposed to tthe sum.

My Data looks like this:

Report Date Time User Elapsed Data Seconds
Report A 11/3 8AM User 5 1 Seconds*(<---problem row)
Report A 11/3 8AM User 5 1 Seconds*(<---problem row)
Report A 11/3 4PM User 7 5 Seconds
Report A 11/3 4PM User 10 4 Seconds

The Challenge:

How do you get a Pivot Chart to show that for Report A on 11/3 at 8AM User 5
used 1 Second, Two Times.

I need my chart to look like this:

-------*-------*-----

Instead, my chart looks like this:

------*------

Each Asterisk will show that there are two instances for user 5 on 11/3 at
8AM for the 1 Second Period.

My Chart does fine for the other users which has unique data (no other user,
date, time have the exact same details).

It seems when a user info is the same on two occurance the Pivot Chart will
combine it as one.

How do you prevent the combination in Charting if the data row is exactly
the same and you want to Chart it (or as in my earlier post "display in on a
table) seperately and not combined?

Thanks for any assistance at all, as mentioned I've spent literally hours
trying to figure this out.

--

Holmans World Inc (R)