Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Data Validation-VLOOKUP

Shane Devenshire partially answered a question I had about using the VLOOKUP
formual but my question is: where do you enter it?
His reply is listed below:To create the drop down on the first sheet to read
the list of names on the
other sheet you must range name the list of names. Suppose you want to call
them Buildings - select the range for example A1:A12 and click in the Name
Box (left side of the Formula Bar, where you normally cell the active cell's
address), type the name (no spaces) and press Enter.

Now move to the first sheet and set up a data validation, List and in the
Source box enter =Buildings

To bring back the building number use VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A1:B12,2,)

Where A1 is the cell with the data validition results, and A1:B12 is the
list of buildings with their number in column B of the second sheet.
Thank you
Don