Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to force chart axis to same scale

I'm graphing simple polynomial functions, but I can't figure out how
to force the x and y axis to the same scale. Can this be done?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You have to set the axis scales so they are the same: right click on the
axis, Format, Scale tab in 2003 or main tab in 2007, change min and max to
appropriate values and don't check any auto option next to the scale boxes.

Then you need to stretch the chart so that the height and width of its plot
area are the same.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"Sandusky" wrote in message
I'm graphing simple polynomial functions, but I can't figure out how
to force the x and y axis to the same scale. Can this be done?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks, Jon. Coincidentally I am on your Excel chart page right now.
Yay Google!

Can I use VBA to do this? I'm assuming the answer is yes. The reason
I ask is that my data series is based on an Xmax and an Xmin, which
are dynamic and change frequently.

"Sandusky" wrote in message

I'm graphing simple polynomial functions, but I can't figure out how
to force the x and y axis to the same scale. *Can this be done?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This tutorial describes something similar to what you want. Maybe you can
use it as a starting point.

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/SquareGrid.html

- Jon
-------