Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Error message #N/A

Hello,

I am using the VLOOKUP formula below. However, in the frequently get the
#N/A error in the cells. Does anyone know how I can get rid of the error
without messing up the formula? Thanks in advance.

=VLOOKUP(G4,'LINES -- DO NOT TOUCH'!$A$1:$B$44,2,FALSE)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

ISAF Media Analysis;232271 Wrote:
Hello,

I am using the VLOOKUP formula below. However, in the frequently get
the
#N/A error in the cells. Does anyone know how I can get rid of the
error
without messing up the formula? Thanks in advance.

=VLOOKUP(G4,'LINES -- DO NOT TOUCH'!$A$1:$B$44,2,FALSE)

Try

=if(countif(g4,$a$1:$a$44),VLOOKUP(G4,'LINES -- DO NOT
TOUCH'!$A$1:$B$44,2,FALSE),0)

--
Pecoflyer

Cheers -
*'Membership is free' (http://www.thecodecage.com)* & allows file
upload -faster and better answers

*Adding your XL version* to your post helps finding solution faster
Pecoflyer's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=14
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=64853

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(G4,'LINES -- DO NOT
TOUCH'!$A$1:$B$44,2,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(G4,'LINES -- DO NOT
TOUCH'!$A$1:$B$44,2,FALSE))

Mike

"ISAF Media Analysis" wrote:

Hello,

I am using the VLOOKUP formula below. However, in the frequently get the
#N/A error in the cells. Does anyone know how I can get rid of the error
without messing up the formula? Thanks in advance.

=VLOOKUP(G4,'LINES -- DO NOT TOUCH'!$A$1:$B$44,2,FALSE)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"ISAF Media Analysis" wrote:

Hello,

I am using the VLOOKUP formula below. However, in the frequently

get the
#N/A error in the cells. Does anyone know how I can get rid of the

error
without messing up the formula? Thanks in advance.

=VLOOKUP(G4,'LINES -- DO NOT TOUCH'!$A$1:$B$44,2,FALSE)

Fyi, the ISNA method works perfectly but is not very efficient as the
VLOOKUP function must be calculated each time.
If you have many formulas in your sheet it will slow calculations
dramatically.

--
Pecoflyer

Cheers -
*'Membership is free' (http://www.thecodecage.com)* & allows file
upload -faster and better answers

*Adding your XL version* to your post helps finding solution faster
Pecoflyer's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=14
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=64853

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

A very good point, Thanks. It would only eveluate twice if the result of the
first VLOOKUP was FALSE.

Mike