Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default SUMPRODUCT

Data are from D4:I14;

A1-1 1 Text 3 4 5
B1-2 6 7 8 9 10
C1-3 11 12 13 14 15

A2-1 16 17 18 19 20
B2-2 21 22 23 24 25
C2-3 26 27 28 29 30

A3-1 31 32 33 34 35
B3-2 36 37 38 39 40
C3-3 41 42 43 44 45

B1-2 =SUMPRODUCT(--(D4:D14=E18),E4:I14)

How can I make the above formula to be corrected? It is possible to used the
SUMPRODUCT function..I want to sum the numbers to the right of B1-2, which is
40.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 22:56:00 -0800, EricBB
wrote:

Data are from D4:I14;

A1-1 1 Text 3 4 5
B1-2 6 7 8 9 10
C1-3 11 12 13 14 15

A2-1 16 17 18 19 20
B2-2 21 22 23 24 25
C2-3 26 27 28 29 30

A3-1 31 32 33 34 35
B3-2 36 37 38 39 40
C3-3 41 42 43 44 45

B1-2 =SUMPRODUCT(--(D4:D14=E18),E4:I14)

How can I make the above formula to be corrected? It is possible to used the
SUMPRODUCT function..I want to sum the numbers to the right of B1-2, which is
40.

Assuming the there is never more than one row to be summed, try this
formula:

=SUM(OFFSET(E3:I3,MATCH(E18,D4:D14,0),))

Hope this helps / Lars-Åke
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

given your example, you may not need to use Sumproduct
but try =SUMPRODUCT(--(D4:D14=E18),--(E4:I14))

if this does not work, pls answer the following
what is your criteria? and what is in E18 ?

HTH

--
Pls provide your feedback by clicking the Yes button below if this post have
help you. This will help others to search the archives for result better.

Thank You

cheers, francis

"EricBB" wrote:

Data are from D4:I14;

A1-1 1 Text 3 4 5
B1-2 6 7 8 9 10
C1-3 11 12 13 14 15

A2-1 16 17 18 19 20
B2-2 21 22 23 24 25
C2-3 26 27 28 29 30

A3-1 31 32 33 34 35
B3-2 36 37 38 39 40
C3-3 41 42 43 44 45

B1-2 =SUMPRODUCT(--(D4:D14=E18),E4:I14)

How can I make the above formula to be corrected? It is possible to used the
SUMPRODUCT function..I want to sum the numbers to the right of B1-2, which is
40.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

thank you so much..it works

wrote:

Data are from D4:I14;

A1-1 1 Text 3 4 5
B1-2 6 7 8 9 10
C1-3 11 12 13 14 15

A2-1 16 17 18 19 20
B2-2 21 22 23 24 25
C2-3 26 27 28 29 30

A3-1 31 32 33 34 35
B3-2 36 37 38 39 40
C3-3 41 42 43 44 45

B1-2 =SUMPRODUCT(--(D4:D14=E18),E4:I14)

How can I make the above formula to be corrected? It is possible to used the
SUMPRODUCT function..I want to sum the numbers to the right of B1-2, which is
40.

Assuming the there is never more than one row to be summed, try this
formula:

=SUM(OFFSET(E3:I3,MATCH(E18,D4:D14,0),))

Hope this helps / Lars-Ã…ke