Terri@Lear

Default There should be a shortcut icon for "wrap text"

There is an icon for almost every other formatting function, and wrap text is
one I use continually, but there's no shortcut and it takes several steps
each time.
Nick Hodge

Terri

You could put this code into your personal.xls and assign a shortcut key or
custom toolbar button to it, trhis will make it one-press

Sub WrapText()
Dim myCell As Range
For Each myCell In Selection
myCell.WrapText = True
Next myCell

HTH
Nick Hodge
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Southampton, England
HIS

"Terri@Lear" wrote in message
There is an icon for almost every other formatting function, and wrap text
is
one I use continually, but there's no shortcut and it takes several steps
each time.

Gord Dibben

I use this macro assigned to a button as Nick suggests.

Sub Wrap_Text()
With Selection
.WrapText = Not .WrapText
End With
End Sub

Toggles wrap text on/off as you require.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 23:41:27 +0100, "Nick Hodge"
wrote:

Terri

You could put this code into your personal.xls and assign a shortcut key or
custom toolbar button to it, trhis will make it one-press

Sub WrapText()
Dim myCell As Range
For Each myCell In Selection
myCell.WrapText = True
Next myCell

Dave Peterson

And one more option:

Sub Wrap_Text2()
Selection.WrapText = not activecell.wraptext
End Sub

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Sometimes I have to run it twice to get a larger range of cells set the way I
want--but it is easier than doing it cell by cell. (lazy = a good thing!)
<vbg

Nick Hodge wrote:

Dave

That's just lazy ;-)