Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Multi Colored Bar Graph

I am using Excel 2003.
I currenty have an expense ($$$) graph that repesents 3 years in a verticl
bar (by month) graph and a line graph that shows our expenses as a % of Sales
by month also. Currently the bar portion of the graph is all one color and
goes across the page in one layer. I thought that I read some where that
there is a way to make the different years in this type of graph different
colors. Can I do this? If so, can anyone point me in the right direction to
learn how.

Aurora
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
this may be close to what you want. if not scroll up and down. lot of good
ideas.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...l#ClusterStack

Regards
FSt1

"Aurora" wrote:

I am using Excel 2003.
I currenty have an expense ($$$) graph that repesents 3 years in a verticl
bar (by month) graph and a line graph that shows our expenses as a % of Sales
by month also. Currently the bar portion of the graph is all one color and
goes across the page in one layer. I thought that I read some where that
there is a way to make the different years in this type of graph different
colors. Can I do this? If so, can anyone point me in the right direction to
learn how.

Aurora

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you just want each bar to be a different color regardless of the data,
you can format the series to use the Vary Colors by Point option. This is
only available if there is one series in the chart, or at least one series
of the type you want to apply this format option to. A combination line-bar
chart can have this applied to the line series and the bar series.

Varying colors arbitrarily like that adds no value to the chart. If you want
to change formats because of some particular condition being met or not met
by the points, you can make a conditional chart:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...nalChart1.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP