Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default File duplication within Excel 2003

I am having a problem with Excel 2003. I have a file that, when opened,
shows three "versions." I've noticed this when I access the "Window" tab
from the list of menu options at the top of the program. For example, let's
say the file name ABC. When I access the "Window" tab, I see the following
listed on the bottom:

ABC1
ABC2
ABC3

I have no idea how this happened. I believe it was from a set of accidental
keystrokes. If I make a change in one of the "copies" then that is made to
all three. I'd like to know how to get rid of the other "copies" and would
appreciate any help that can be given. Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I forgot to mention that this situation is NOT resolved by simply renaming
the file under a different name. I end up with the same results.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you really see items like:

ABC:1
ABC:2
ABC:3

(This includes a colon (:) and maybe the extension (abc.xls:1, abc.xls:2)?)

If yes, then you have multiple windows to that workbook open--it's not separate
workbooks.

You can close the windows you want by:
Selecting the window to close
hit ctrl-f4

Remember to save the file the way you like it.

--

Dave Peterson