Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Highlighting weekends in a calendar

I have a calendar with the weekdays accross the top and I want to be able to
change the days accross the top month to month and have Saturday and Sunday
Highlight in the columns below the weekend.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Bill L" wrote in message
I have a calendar with the weekdays accross the top and I want to be able
change the days accross the top month to month and have Saturday and
Sunday
Highlight in the columns below the weekend.

Suggest you use conditional formatting based on WEEKDAY(cell ref) = 1
(Sunday) or 7 (Saturday).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Victor Delta" wrote:

"Bill L" wrote in message
I have a calendar with the weekdays accross the top and I want to be able
change the days accross the top month to month and have Saturday and
Sunday
Highlight in the columns below the weekend.

Suggest you use conditional formatting based on WEEKDAY(cell ref) = 1
(Sunday) or 7 (Saturday).

V,

I must be doing somthing wrong, I entered
formula=weekday(c2:ag10)=1(Su)or7(Sa) and format color as the light yellow.
The days are in row 2, what I want each month is to be able to change days in
row 2 Su,Mo,Tu, etc. as to the month I'm in, and have the colums highlight
yellow below to display weekends for easily reference.