Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default numbering

I don't know how to explain this but I'll try...I am doing a spreadsheet and
on the first column i want numbers but I don't want to have to write the
numbers ex: 1st row 1
then 2 ans so on can I format it so I don't have to type the numbers out all
the time.

I hope I explained it wel...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Scorpio;210140 Wrote:
I don't know how to explain this but I'll try...I am doing a spreadsheet
and
on the first column i want numbers but I don't want to have to write
the
numbers ex: 1st row 1
then 2 ans so on can I format it so I don't have to type the numbers
out all
the time.

I hope I explained it wel...

Hi,
the row numbers are already there, but if you need them in col A f.i.
enter 1 in A1, 2 in A2, select both cells and drag down as needed (
there are other ways)

--
Pecoflyer

Cheers -
*'Membership is free' (http://www.thecodecage.com)* & allows file
upload -faster and better answers

*Adding your XL version* to your post helps finding solution faster
Pecoflyer's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=14
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=57674

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

A number of ways, including:

=ROW()
1 in A1 then =A1+1 below & copy down
1 in A1, 2 in A2, select & fill down.
--
David Biddulph

Scorpio wrote:
I don't know how to explain this but I'll try...I am doing a
spreadsheet and on the first column i want numbers but I don't want
to have to write the numbers ex: 1st row 1
then 2 ans so on can I format it so I don't have to type the numbers
out all the time.

I hope I explained it wel...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

to print Row and column headings,

go to file - page setup - sheet and flag it

hth
--
regards from Brazil
Thanks in advance for your feedback.