Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Help

I'm trying to convert the last name first, then first name because my
accounting software ables me to convert to excel but puts the first names
first. How can I do this? I was told to do this formula: =Proper(A2) enter
but this still kept the first name first.

Myra

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you want to add a comma?:

James Ravenswood
into:
Ravenswood, James

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200830

"Myra" wrote:

I'm trying to convert the last name first, then first name because my
accounting software ables me to convert to excel but puts the first names
first. How can I do this? I was told to do this formula: =Proper(A2) enter
but this still kept the first name first.

Myra

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

PROPER just gives you initial capital letters !!

If you have "First Last" in A1 (without the quotes), put this formula
in B1:

=RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-SEARCH(" ",A1))&" "&LEFT(A1,SEARCH(" ",A1)-1)

to give you:

Last First

If you need a comma to separate them, change the middle &" "& to &",
"&, then copy down as required.

Hope this helps.

Pete