Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Active Cell Highlight

Using Excel 2007 when selecting a range of cells for data input the active
cell is never highlighted. Can't tell which cell is active. Is there a
setting to indicate the active cell?
--
Bill_17256
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The active cell is the cell that *is not highlighted*.

In Excel 2007 the shade used to define the selected range is way to light
and difficult to see (especially for those of us that are "vision
challenged"!). However, that light pastel color sure is purtty, ain't it?
<argh

If you select the range A1:C1 starting from cell A1, cell A1 is not
highlighted but B1 and C1 are. Cell A1 is the active cell.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Bill_17256" wrote in message
Using Excel 2007 when selecting a range of cells for data input the active
cell is never highlighted. Can't tell which cell is active. Is there a
setting to indicate the active cell?
--
Bill_17256

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In excel 2007, the color range is light that is why it is quite difficult to
see the selected cell. If you prefer to use macro to resolve this problem ,
then the solution could be like this

Target.Interior.Color = 1 provide numeric color value here that
will €˜appear as background color of 'the selected cell
End Sub

Hope you get it

Have a nice time

Chris
------
Convert your Excel spreadsheet into an online calculator.
http://www.spreadsheetconverter.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Target.Interior.Color = 1 ’provide numeric color value here that
will ‘appear as background color of 'the selected cell
End Sub

That permanently changes the cell colors, so you'd end up with a
"trace" of the previously selected cells. Hardly what the user wants.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
Excel Product Group, 1998 - 2009
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email on web site)

On Sun, 01 Feb 2009 07:51:05 GMT, "Chris Bode via OfficeKB.com"
<u49096@uwe wrote:

In excel 2007, the color range is light that is why it is quite difficult to
see the selected cell. If you prefer to use macro to resolve this problem ,
then the solution could be like this

Target.Interior.Color = 1 ’provide numeric color value here that
will ‘appear as background color of 'the selected cell
End Sub

Hope you get it

Have a nice time

Chris
------
Convert your Excel spreadsheet into an online calculator.
http://www.spreadsheetconverter.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Adjusting the monitor contrast may also work, see below:

There are several threads on this now that should get consolodated into to
one FAQ:

Depending on the monitor the highlight of the selected cells in Excell 2007
can be very light. There are a couple of easy options to try to address this
(short of MS adding a user option to adjust the highlight percentage):

1) Try adjusting the contrast of your monitor - either up or down. I have a
desktop monitor with a laptop docking station so have a 2-monitor setup. With
the Excel window on the desktop monitor I could barely see the selected cells
but when I dragged the window to the laptop the highlight was fine. The
contrast on the monitor was in the 70-80% range and when I adjusted it to
40-50% the highlight was much more visible.

2) If adjusting the monitor doesn't work you can try changing the window
background color. Right click on the desktop and select properties. Click on
the appearance tab. Click on advanced (oooh...). Select window from the item
drop down list. Click on color one and click on other... at the bottom. On
the upper right drag the black triangle down until you see the color box
darken a little, I adjusted from Red=Green=Blue=255 to 230 for my original
monitor settings. The downside of this is the background can look pretty
dingy - especially if you then adjust the contrast down.

1) is preferred if it works.

"T. Valko" wrote:

Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP