Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Data connections

I want to add parameters to an import of data to excel 2007- but the
parameters button on the definition tab is not enabled. How do you enable
this button?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Your question is not clear.
If you mean you have parameters in addition to your imported data, I think
first you have to import your data and then add the extra ones in second step.

"Julie LF" wrote:

I want to add parameters to an import of data to excel 2007- but the
parameters button on the definition tab is not enabled. How do you enable
this button?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How do you navigate to 'Definition' tab?
Import data from where?

Pl. describe the steps you are trying to execute.

"Julie LF" wrote:

I want to add parameters to an import of data to excel 2007- but the
parameters button on the definition tab is not enabled. How do you enable
this button?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I've got a parameter query in 2003 (using an ODBC connection) - there are 2
named fields in the workbook that provide the parameter values. I'm trying
to convert to 2007 with an SQLOLEDB connection. I navigate to the
connections using dataconnections properties and then on the definition tab
there is a button for parameters that is not enabled. In 2003 I put the
parameters in Microsoft query using [enter date] or [choose management area]
and those referred to the named cells - just can't figure out how I do in
2007.

"Julie LF" wrote:

I want to add parameters to an import of data to excel 2007- but the
parameters button on the definition tab is not enabled. How do you enable
this button?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry, I don't have the required knowledge.

Hope someone else helps you.

You may have to repost (if you don't get a solution here) as usually people
only look at posts with no response and then try to help.