Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
TGV TGV is offline

Default Help Needed for finding a value

Anyone please tell me in A colum some texts are available with Question Mark
(?) i want to find the cells which are all consist the question mark (?).

If i press control + f and mention the question mark (?) for finding the
cells which consist the (?) marks but it's goes to all of the cells. I know
that ? mark used as an expression and it means the condition of "any
character" So it's going to all cells.

So please give me a solution like function or using some other keywords to
find it in find option.

Please send it immediately i want it in urgent basis.

Thanks in advance.

TGV

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

As it is a single wildcard character, if you want to use it in CTRL-F
or CTRL-H then you must preceed it with the tilde symbol, ~

So, Find what: ~?

will look for that specific character.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jan 30, 1:27*pm, TGV wrote:
Anyone please tell me in A colum some texts are available with Question Mark
(?) i want to find the cells which are all consist the question mark (?).

If i press control + f and mention the question mark (?) for finding the
cells which consist the (?) marks but it's goes to all of the cells. *I know
that ? mark used as an expression and it means the condition of "any
character" *So it's going to all cells. *

So please give me a solution like function or using some other keywords to
find it in find option.

Please send it immediately i want it in urgent basis.

Thanks in advance.

TGV

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You're welcome.

Pete

On Jan 30, 1:51*pm, TGV wrote:
Thank you very Much!!!

TGV

On Jan 30, 1:27 pm, TGV wrote:
Anyone please tell me in A colum some texts are available with Question Mark
(?) i want to find the cells which are all consist the question mark (?).

If i press control + f and mention the question mark (?) for finding the
cells which consist the (?) marks but it's goes to all of the cells. *I know
that ? mark used as an expression and it means the condition of "any
character" *So it's going to all cells. *

So please give me a solution like function or using some other keywords to
find it in find option.

Please send it immediately i want it in urgent basis.

Thanks in advance.

TGV- Hide quoted text -