Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default function removal

I need to remove the function from one of my columns in a document. The
other columns have a common function, but I need to use symbols in the first
column that are not allowed in a function is in place. Can this be done?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Can you describe in somewhat more detail:
a) what you have
b) what you try to achieve

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Joytrink" wrote in message
I need to remove the function from one of my columns in a document. The
other columns have a common function, but I need to use symbols in the
first
column that are not allowed in a function is in place. Can this be done?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Joytrink" wrote in message
I need to remove the function from one of my columns in a document. The
other columns have a common function, but I need to use symbols in the
first
column that are not allowed in a function is in place. Can this be done?

Hi Niek,

I have done this before but can't for the life of me remember how I did it.
Basically I need to enter info in the first column of my report that uses
characters normally used in the formula function. I am getting an error
that won't allow me to type what I need to put into column A.
Joyce
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Joytrink" wrote in message
I need to remove the function from one of my columns in a document. The
other columns have a common function, but I need to use symbols in the
first
column that are not allowed in a function is in place. Can this be done?

Hi Niek,

I have done this before but can't for the life of me remember how I did it.
Basically I need to enter info in the first column of my report that uses
characters normally used in the formula function. I am getting an error
that won't allow me to type what I need to put into column A.
Joyce

Hi Niek,
I figured it out. all I have to do is enter a single (') before the
character that I want to imput. thanks anyway. Have a nice weekend