Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cell linked to worksheet won't update once data is provided.

I am using my workbook for quotations. I am trying to develop a "cover"
worksheet to compile the answers found in subsequent "operation" worksheets.
In my "cover" sheet, I have a cells that are triggered by data that indicates
the operation exists and the cells are supposed to look in the proper
"operation" worksheets for the data. The problem is that a quotation can have
anywhere from one to ten operations, so I only have one existing "operation"
worksheet. I then copy that worksheet as needed and rename it to the proper
operation. When I fill out my cover sheet, every operation's cell after the
first comes up with the alarm #REF! because the required "operation" sheet
doesn't exist yet. When I eventually produce the required worksheet, the cell
doesn't update unless I enter the formula bar for the cell and overwrite any
character and hit enter. The update options are set to automatic and the F9
key doesn't work either. Sorry about the length of the post but I wanted to
be clear. Please help?