Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional formating icons

I would like to use the conditional formatting icons in a row of result data.
I'm using a formula to calculate the result divided by its estimate. When
it's greater than 1 - a green check mark, greater than 0.975 a yellow
exclaimtion point, otherwise a red X.

Problem is I can create the formulas fine for the first cell but am unable
to apply the formatting to the other cells in the row. If I use format
painter, the formulas that are driving the formatting are not updated. If
you try to use relative references, conditional formatting freaks.

Does anyone know how to do this without making a ton of rules?

I've thought of inserting a column between the months, do the calcuation
there but it looks unusual. Plus the inserting of new data becomes a pain
since you have to include a cell for each set of two.

The fixation around icons is the fact the data will be presentable both in
color and B/W.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Icons sets apply to a Cell...
How do you want it to show for a row? I mean if you have data in A1:D10 then
where do you want the icon to show in each row?