Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula Needed : Sum on Conditions

Row A B C…….columns
1 FTB YRT STX
2 USA CAN UAE
3 33 66 33
4 STX FTB YRT
5 UAE USA CAN
6 44 88 69
7 YRT STX FTB
8 CAN UAE USA
9 66 77 88

Hi all, I want smallest formula in cell D1 which should show SUM of
figures which are in Range("A1:C9") (as shown above) after working out
something like this (see below)

=SUM(A1:C9="FTB")+(A1:C9="USA)+(A1:C9)

In other words I want formula to find "FTB" in given range and then if
there is "USA" on row below then sum the figure in row below the
"USA". I hope I was able to explain my question. Please can any
friend can help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Put this in D1:

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:C7="FTB")*(A2:C8="USA"),(A3:C9))

and it will return 209.

Change it to STX and UAE and you get 154.

Hope ths helps.

Pete

On Jan 27, 2:58*pm, K wrote:
Row *A * * * *B * * * *C…….columns
1 * * * FTB * YRT * STX
2 * * * USA * CAN * UAE
3 * * * 33 * * *66 * * *33
4 * * * STX * FTB * YRT
5 * * * UAE *USA * CAN
6 * * * 44 * * *88 * * * 69
7 * * * YRT * STX * FTB
8 * * * CAN * UAE * USA
9 * * * 66 * * *77 * * * 88

Hi all, *I want smallest formula in cell D1 which should show SUM of
figures which are in Range("A1:C9") (as shown above) after working out
something like this (see below)

*=SUM(A1:C9="FTB")+(A1:C9="USA)+(A1:C9)

In other words I want formula to find "FTB" in given range and then if
there is "USA" on row below then sum the figure in row below the
"USA". *I hope I was able to explain my question. *Please can any
friend can help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Jan 27, 2:58*pm, K wrote:

Row *A * * * *B * * * *C…….columns
1 * * * FTB * YRT * STX
2 * * * USA * CAN * UAE
3 * * * 33 * * *66 * * *33
4 * * * STX * FTB * YRT
5 * * * UAE *USA * CAN
6 * * * 44 * * *88 * * * 69
7 * * * YRT * STX * FTB
8 * * * CAN * UAE * USA
9 * * * 66 * * *77 * * * 88

Hi all, *I want smallest formula in cell D1 which should show SUM of
figures which are in Range("A1:C9") (as shown above) after working out
something like this (see below)

*=SUM(A1:C9="FTB")+(A1:C9="USA)+(A1:C9)

In other words I want formula to find "FTB" in given range and then if
there is "USA" on row below then sum the figure in row below the
"USA". *I hope I was able to explain my question. *Please can any
friend can help.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks lot Pete
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You're welcome - thanks for taking the trouble to feed back.

Pete

On Jan 27, 3:43*pm, K wrote:

Thanks lot Pete