Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Check 2 columns in range - count one

Simply, I just want the frequency of times that a 1 appears in the B and D
columns. So if there is a 1 in B then I want to know how many times (sum)
there is also a corresponding 1 in the D column?

This is how I explained it to a professor (who couldn't help)...

"I need a formula for cell I2 that says, "look in the range B2:B74, where it
equals '1', then look at the corresponding cell in range D2:D74 and count all
the cells that equal '1'."
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

In I2: =SUMPRODUCT((B2:B74=1)*(D2:D74=1))
--
Max
Singapore