Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default If/Then function in excel

Hello Everyone, It's been a while...

I have 2 questions, i'm gonna ask the first one now then the second one later.

The Setup: I have an excel workbooke with 2 sheets. The first sheet is
named "Bowl Assembly" and the second sheet is named "Power Unit. In the
sheet "Bowl Assembly" row i has a series of headers and data entry cells.
The cells in 'Bowl Assembly' row i that have values are (cells: i4,5,6 cells:
i9-16 and cells:i19-36) these cells can be empty, or can have the values:
"PUEP 2" "PUEP 3" to "PUEP 12". These fields are completed by me for data
entry. The fields directly to the right lists a company. for example, cell
'Bowl Assembly'i4 = PUEP 11 the cell directly to the right may = "Company A"

The second sheet "Power Unit" has a list starting at A4, with the terms
"PUEP 2" to "PUEP 12". What I want is the cells directly to the right to
have the value directly to the right in the sheet 'Bowl Assembly'

Example: 'Bowl Assembly'i14 = PUEP 9 and 'Bowl Assembly' j14 = Company A
As stated, the PUEP's are listed in sheet 'Power Unit' so, in sheet 'Power
Unit' a11 there is a value of "PUEP 9" I want 'Power Unit' b11 to equal
"Company A"

If someoene could help me with this if/then scenario it would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Keep it to one specific question per thread, make it attractive for
responders to respond. You can start as many new threads as you have queries

Here's one interp on your question here, it might suffice
In Power Unit,
Put in B4:
=IF(ISNA(MATCH(A4,'Bowl Assembly'!I:I,0)),"",INDEX('Bowl
Assembly'!J:J,MATCH(A4,'Bowl Assembly'!I:I,0)))
Copy down
--
Max
Singapore
"Kevin M" wrote:
The Setup: I have an excel workbook with 2 sheets. The first sheet is
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Welcome, pl mark responses which help by pressing the YES buttons (like the
one below).
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
Downloads:22,500 Files:370 Subscribers:66
xdemechanik
---
"Kevin M" wrote:
thanks... worked perfectly.