Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default GO TO in Excel

I am doing a long list of books on a workeet with 5 columns. I do not want to
sort it yet, I need to go to the first empty cell on column A (A 1200), or
the last cell with info. I do not want to go down 30 or more pages to get to
it. The Edit--GoTo--Special--Last line will take to column AE. HELP! Thanks,
em
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

You could put this in a general module and assign a button to it on the
workshhet

Sub GoToLastrow()
ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(1).Select
End Sub

Mike

"Em Ratty" wrote:

I am doing a long list of books on a workeet with 5 columns. I do not want to
sort it yet, I need to go to the first empty cell on column A (A 1200), or
the last cell with info. I do not want to go down 30 or more pages to get to
it. The Edit--GoTo--Special--Last line will take to column AE. HELP! Thanks,
em

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

As an afterthought it may be better to allocate a shortcut

When you've installed the code in a general module then go back to the
worksheet and

Tools|Macro - Macros - Options and assign a letter. You then call it with

Ctrl+your letter

Mike

"Em Ratty" wrote:

I am doing a long list of books on a workeet with 5 columns. I do not want to
sort it yet, I need to go to the first empty cell on column A (A 1200), or
the last cell with info. I do not want to go down 30 or more pages to get to
it. The Edit--GoTo--Special--Last line will take to column AE. HELP! Thanks,
em

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Activate any cell in the column you want to go down in (Column A in your
case) and then press Ctrl+{DownArrow}.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)