Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to find missing values while reconciling files?

Dear All,

Below is a link to the file with data I am trying to reconcile. The point
is, I can't find 3 values. You will have noticed that I manually added 2
values that were not found by vlookup.
Frankly all values from Columnd D exist in Column B as identified by vlookup
function. However, there are 3 missing and can't be picked up as they are
probably the same values which appear several times in Column D but not in
Column B.
I suspect that the disparity of 25 555,16 is a combination of some amounts.

Any help appreciated with this reconciliation. I was not able to spot this
at work so am trying to do this at home for tomorrow morning. Is there any
function that looks up repetitive values/number e.g. the same invoice number
in a row or column?

Thanks in advance,

Peter

file hosting website: http://www.mediafire.com/?0y2t4guzjyj

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Got this message at the page you mentioned;
"This file is currently set to private. "

VLOOKUP picks up only the first match...

"Piotr (Peter)" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

See the second sheet (Reconciled, Cols F-M) at
http://www.mediafire.com/?eowgzwnkqmm

I extracted the unique entries from Col B and D (after removing the two you
had added), then compared the difference in counts for each unique value
between the two cols.

1,682.60 is not in Col D
Other differences in Counts are highlighted

There are many entries for which counts are different.

"Piotr (Peter)" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Sheeloo,

Thank you for your time and help. I had found the other way arround by
extracting from a source file additional description and compared those
columns eventually. Nonetheless, you table might be useful in future as I
find it as a good way to look for specific values. 3 values were entered
twice, hance the difference.

Thank you once again.
Regards,
Peter