Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I compare spreadsheets and remove duplicated data?

I want to compare the data on two spreadsheets to see which data is
duplicated. The problem I am having is that I sell on eBay and want a better
way to track my inventory then eBay has set up. I will set up the scenerio. I
have a spreadsheet that I generate in turbo lister which I make two columns
wide, the columns are description and custom label. I then have a
spreadsheet that I get from eBay which also has two columns; description and
custom label. The sheet from eBay is everything I currently have listed and
the sheet from turbo lister is everything that I can list. What I want to do
is merge the two spreadsheets together and eliminate what is listed from my
sheet, (which will be duplicated data) which will leave the custom labels
that are not duplicated letting me know what items I do not have listed on
eBay. If anyone could help me with thsi I would greatly appreciate it, if
this does nto make sense but you feel compelled to help then contact me.
Thanks, George
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assume both sheets in same workbook
Sheet 1 your list (Col A & B)
Sheet 2 e-bay list (Col A & B)

Enter this in C1 of Sheet 2
=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A:A,1,False)

and copy down.

Now filter on #N/A
these will be the items not in eBay file

"George" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Sheeloo" wrote:

Assume both sheets in same workbook
Sheet 1 your list (Col A & B)
Sheet 2 e-bay list (Col A & B)

Enter this in C1 of Sheet 2
=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A:A,1,False)

and copy down.

Now filter on #N/A
these will be the items not in eBay file

I have both the in the same book but when I put in the formula I get an error message saying the formula is wrong.

What do you mean by "copy down" and how far down do I copy it?

Thank you for your help, I will try it again on Monday.