Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to get average of successive x-number cells to output in colum

I would like to get the average of 30 cells in a column output to a cell in
another column. Then have the next 30 cells averaged in the next cell down.
If I tell excel to get the average 30 cells then copy that to the next cell
down it takes the average of the 30 cells starting from row 2 instead of from
row 31.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this

With your data starting in A1

=AVERAGE(OFFSET(A$1,(ROW(1:1)-1)*30,,30))

Mike

"dysonsphere" wrote:

I would like to get the average of 30 cells in a column output to a cell in
another column. Then have the next 30 cells averaged in the next cell down.
If I tell excel to get the average 30 cells then copy that to the next cell
down it takes the average of the 30 cells starting from row 2 instead of from
row 31.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

We could use
=AVERAGE(A1:A30)
=AVERAGE(A31:A60)
=AVERAGE(A61:A90)
..
..
..

but who wants to do all that typing?!?

In B1 enter:

=AVERAGE(INDIRECT("A" & 1+30*(ROW()-1) & ":A" & 30*ROW())) and copy down
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200828