Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Select data from a list and display

I have a list of items and would like to select the data based on type.

my data is setup like this

A B c
Meal 2/1/08 $3.00
Meal 2/2/08 $5.00
Airfare 2/5/08 $40.00
Taxi 2/3/08 $23.00
Meal 2/3/08 $3.00

i would like to read the data have it displayed on another part of the
spreadsheet
K L M

Meal 2/1/08 $3.00
Meal 2/2/08 $5.00
Meal 2/3/08 $3.00

thanks

jack

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

This quick n easy formulas set-up will deliver the functionality sought

Assume source data as posted in cols A to C, from row2 down
Assume input (for col A's item) will be in I2, eg: Meal
In J2: =IF($I$2="","",IF(A2=$I$2,ROW(),""))
Leave J1 empty

In K2:
=IF(ROWS($1:1)COUNT($J:$J),"",INDEX(A:A,SMALL($J: $J,ROWS($1:1))))
Copy K2 to M2. Select J2:M2, copy down to cover the max expected extent of
source data in col A, eg down to M200? Minimize col J. Format col L as date,
M as currency. There you go, cols K to M will return exactly what you seek,
all lines neatly packed at the top dependent on the input in I2.

Pl mark it by pressing the YES button below
--
Max
Singapore
"Jack" wrote:
I have a list of items and would like to select the data based on type.

my data is setup like this

A B c
Meal 2/1/08 $3.00
Meal 2/2/08 $5.00
Airfare 2/5/08 $40.00
Taxi 2/3/08 $23.00
Meal 2/3/08 $3.00

i would like to read the data have it displayed on another part of the
spreadsheet
K L M

Meal 2/1/08 $3.00
Meal 2/2/08 $5.00
Meal 2/3/08 $3.00

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

You can also try with sort the table it will the exactly what you have
mentioned below.

Data|sort|choose the criteria date wise & then item wise
--
Click "Yes" if it helps