-   -   Calculated Field Total in Pivot Table (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/217289-calculated-field-total-pivot-table.html)

Arleen

Calculated Field Total in Pivot Table

I have a calculated field that contains the (*) multiplier in the formula.
The data populates properly, however the "Grand Total" which I have set up as
a "sum" does not sum up properly.

Total works fine if I don't have the (*) in the calculated field formula.
Any ideas how I can fix?

Bob I

Calculated Field Total in Pivot Table

Paste the contents of the cell here for inspection

Arleen wrote:

I have a calculated field that contains the (*) multiplier in the formula.
The data populates properly, however the "Grand Total" which I have set up as
a "sum" does not sum up properly.

Total works fine if I don't have the (*) in the calculated field formula.
Any ideas how I can fix?

Arleen

Calculated Field Total in Pivot Table

Field calculates January Salary Budget where "Jan Plan" is my Headcount.

='Jan Plan' *(Salary /12)

Arleen wrote:

I have a calculated field that contains the (*) multiplier in the formula.
The data populates properly, however the "Grand Total" which I have set up as
a "sum" does not sum up properly.

Total works fine if I don't have the (*) in the calculated field formula.
Any ideas how I can fix?

Arleen

Calculated Field Total in Pivot Table

Bob -- I just figured out how "Grand Total" Calculates:

It does:

Sum('Jan Plan')*Sum(Salary/12)

-- which is not what I want it to do. I intend it to be Sum(Jan
Plan*(Salary/12))

Thanks!!

Arleen wrote:

I have a calculated field that contains the (*) multiplier in the formula.
The data populates properly, however the "Grand Total" which I have set up as
a "sum" does not sum up properly.

Total works fine if I don't have the (*) in the calculated field formula.
Any ideas how I can fix?

Bob I

Calculated Field Total in Pivot Table

I think you will need to do the math before you hit the Pivot table.

Arleen wrote:

I have a calculated field that contains the (*) multiplier in the formula.
The data populates properly, however the "Grand Total" which I have set up as
a "sum" does not sum up properly.

Total works fine if I don't have the (*) in the calculated field formula.
Any ideas how I can fix?

Arleen

Calculated Field Total in Pivot Table

Thanks for the reply -- not really the answer I wanted but I figured as much.