Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how do I change all numbers to "1"

we have a massive excel spreadsheet downloaded from surveymonkey where values
in the columns range from 1 to 40 in hundreds of columns. I know how to
find/replace 1 number at a time like change all 2's to 1's. Is there a quick
way to change all numbers 2, 3, 4, ect to 1 with one swoop?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One way:

1) Select all the values
2) Copy them
3) Without changing the selection, choose Edit/Paste Special,
choosing the Values and DIvide radio buttons. Click OK.

In article ,
belharris wrote:

we have a massive excel spreadsheet downloaded from surveymonkey where values
in the columns range from 1 to 40 in hundreds of columns. I know how to
find/replace 1 number at a time like change all 2's to 1's. Is there a quick
way to change all numbers 2, 3, 4, ect to 1 with one swoop?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I LOVE this forum, my husband is crying at the simplicity of this solution
after spending 4 years doing it one number at a time for a spreadsheet that
has hundreds of columns and numbers
THANK YOU!!!

belharris wrote:

we have a massive excel spreadsheet downloaded from surveymonkey where values
in the columns range from 1 to 40 in hundreds of columns. I know how to
find/replace 1 number at a time like change all 2's to 1's. Is there a quick
way to change all numbers 2, 3, 4, ect to 1 with one swoop?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes, this forum is great. I kind of feel bad for years of wasted effort.

What I am unable to understand is why would you download something and then
convert everything to ones? How does that help?

By the another way is to press F5, Click on Special, Choose Constants
then press 1 and press CTRL-ENTER

belharris wrote:

we have a massive excel spreadsheet downloaded from surveymonkey where values
in the columns range from 1 to 40 in hundreds of columns. I know how to
find/replace 1 number at a time like change all 2's to 1's. Is there a quick
way to change all numbers 2, 3, 4, ect to 1 with one swoop?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Another way :
Ctrl+H

Find *
Replace with "1" (no quotes)
Replace all
Ok

--
Pecoflyer

Cheers -
*'Membership is free' (http://www.thecodecage.com)* & allows file
upload -faster and better answers
Pecoflyer's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=14
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=52257

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What if I want to find and fill blank cells with 0?

"Pecoflyer" wrote:

Another way :
Ctrl+H

Find *