Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Get rid of quotation marks when importing

I use excel to set up products that I then import to my web site. Many times
the item descriptions contain ". When I import these extra " are added and
show up on my website.

Anyone know how to keep this from happening? I'm using tab delimited.
--
Thanks :) Lori

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry, I thought you werer creating a macro. The best way of importing data
is through the Import wizard. When Import Wizard comes up select Delimited,
hit Next Button, and then select TAB. On this menu there is a Delimiter box.
make sure it is Double Quote (not none or signle quote). This should solve
your problem.

If no Wizard comes up then you have to import the data using the following
menu

Data - Import External Data - Import Data. Slect the file type on the
bottom of the menu and then follow instructions above.

"Lori" wrote:

I use excel to set up products that I then import to my web site. Many times
the item descriptions contain ". When I import these extra " are added and
show up on my website.

Anyone know how to keep this from happening? I'm using tab delimited.
--
Thanks :) Lori

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dang, other than selecting tab delimited these are my only other choices.

attribute templates on the import products link on the site...

Attribute Templates:
Use
Copy

I can select use or copy. Those are my only 2 choices. Would it make more
sense to use something like CuteFTP?
--
Thanks :) Lori

"Lori" wrote:

I use excel to set up products that I then import to my web site. Many times
the item descriptions contain ". When I import these extra " are added and
show up on my website.

Anyone know how to keep this from happening? I'm using tab delimited.
--
Thanks :) Lori

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Can you copy to a file? Then open the file from excel with the options I
specified.

If you can't copy to a file then copy to the excel speadsheet in column A.
then use Text- to - columns (under worksheet data menu). the text to columns
have the same options and the Import External Data.