Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Password removal?

I have a 2007 workbook password protected. When someone tries to open the
file a box comes up giving the option of putting in my password for full
access including editing or just clicking a button to open the file as read
only. I do have the password, there is no problem there. I would like to
remove the requorement to put in a password though and have the file open
normally. I am still trying to get used to 2007's menu structure. I click
Format/Protect Sheet and uncheck the box that says "Protect worksheet and
contents of locked cells" when I do this the OK box goes dim and doesn't
allow me to select it. Help please.

Thanks in advance... Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 20:33:12 +0530, Bob Newman wrote:

d for full access including editin

Hi

When you try Format/Protect Sheet only the current sheet gets
protected/unprotected

Try this.

Open the file
Do a file save as.
In the dialog box select ToolsGeneral Options
Delete the passwords present there
Click Ok
Save the file
Close and open the file again

--
Thanks,
Victor

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Victor Lobo" wrote in message
On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 20:33:12 +0530, Bob Newman wrote:

d for full access including editin

Hi

When you try Format/Protect Sheet only the current sheet gets
protected/unprotected

Try this.

Open the file
Do a file save as.
In the dialog box select ToolsGeneral Options
Delete the passwords present there
Click Ok
Save the file
Close and open the file again

--
Thanks,
Victor

"In the dialog box select ToolsGeneral Options"

My Excel 2007 workbook does not offer a choice of Tools under Save As.
There is only the "Excel Options" box in the lower right which is visible on
anything you choose from the Office Button, it says nothing about passwords.
That is a general button for all Excel documents.

Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

wrote:

[...]

Ok, what I ment was this:

Assume your document is in the .xslx format

Do this:
1. Goto Save As
2. Select Excel Workbook (If your document is not in .xslx format you need
to select accordingly here)
3. In that dialog box select ToolsGeneral Options
4. Delete the passwords present there
5. Click Ok
6. Save the file
7. Close and open the file again

[...]