Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Multiple rows of Worksheet Tabs at bottom

I have done a search as to whether you can have multiple rows of worksheets
tabs on the bottom of the excel window especially when you have over 30
worksheets and I was surprised to see that the same question was asked back
in 1995 and with all the updates that Microsoft has put out, they still have
not addressed this request. WHY NOT???? this is a common sense function one
would expect in such a complicated tool, right!!! and please do not respond
with work arounds. reading the comments on the other questions related to
this exact topic everyone has some kind of work around, plain and simple this
should be a standard option to select. please advice as to what Microsoft's
intentions are towards this.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Wrong forum to be asking this question.

Only the MS Office Developers know the answer to that and I doubt any of
them hang around these news groups.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 08:11:01 -0800, Kempen
wrote:

I have done a search as to whether you can have multiple rows of worksheets
tabs on the bottom of the excel window especially when you have over 30
worksheets and I was surprised to see that the same question was asked back
in 1995 and with all the updates that Microsoft has put out, they still have
not addressed this request. WHY NOT???? this is a common sense function one
would expect in such a complicated tool, right!!! and please do not respond
with work arounds. reading the comments on the other questions related to
this exact topic everyone has some kind of work around, plain and simple this
should be a standard option to select. please advice as to what Microsoft's
intentions are towards this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The developers cannot respond to EVERY request. I would like ternary charts.
I would like charts with real exponents as in 3.5×10² not 3.5E2. Others also
have a list of what they would like.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Kempen" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Kempen wrote:
I have done a search as to whether you can have multiple rows of worksheets
tabs on the bottom of the excel window especially when you have over 30
worksheets and I was surprised to see that the same question was asked back
in 1995 and with all the updates that Microsoft has put out, they still have
not addressed this request. WHY NOT???? this is a common sense function one
would expect in such a complicated tool, right!!! and please do not respond
with work arounds. reading the comments on the other questions related to
this exact topic everyone has some kind of work around, plain and simple this
should be a standard option to select. please advice as to what Microsoft's
intentions are towards this.

Personally I've been using spreadsheets since 1983 and have never gone
beyond about 10 worksheets on any one spreadsheet. Of course in 1983
there was only one sheet available, if I remember correctly.

A Google search on "Excel multiple worksheet tabs" brought up this
description from The Free Library by Farlex. You can also display more
worksheets by shortening the name of each one and/or by enlarging the
space for tabs at the bottom of your worksheet.

Right-clicking on the controls to the left of the tabs produces a
vertical list of all the work-sheets in the spreadsheet

If the sheet you want still is not visible, click on More Sheets at the
bottom of the list. That launches the Activate dialog box. A movable
window that is displayed on screen in response to the user selecting a
menu option. It provides the current status and available options for a
particular feature in the program.
...... Click on any of the sheet names to call it to the screen. By the
way, Excel can handle as many as 255 worksheets per spreadsheet. (I
believe this number has increased for Excel 2007).

Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just for info.

255 is the maximum default number of sheets in a new workbook.

You can add more after if you have the resources.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP