Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Force Page Break in Excel?

Is there a way to force a page break in Excel?
(like in word: you can use control+enter)

Sometimes I'd like sections of my pages to stay together when printing.

Along that thought - is there a way to do a "widow" or "orphan" protect that
just one line of a section doesn't bump to the next page?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One way:

Insert/Page Break

No widow/orphan protection, per se, but in Page Setup you can set
scaling to Fit to x pages wide by y tall.

the In article ,
NicoleS wrote:

Is there a way to force a page break in Excel?
(like in word: you can use control+enter)

Sometimes I'd like sections of my pages to stay together when printing.

Along that thought - is there a way to do a "widow" or "orphan" protect that
just one line of a section doesn't bump to the next page?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When you are ready to print, go to File - Print prewiev - Then click
between Margins and Close (I have different language Excel and cannot
remember what this is in english, sorry, 3rd from right anyway) and you see
file. Grey areas does not print and white does. Continous blue line is margin
and breaking line is page break. You can see alse written in grey Page 1,
Page 2 etc. You can drag with mouse lines to different position.

If everything goes wrong, you can always go back and from File - Print area
- Clear print area start again.

"NicoleS" kirjoitti:

Is there a way to force a page break in Excel?
(like in word: you can use control+enter)

Sometimes I'd like sections of my pages to stay together when printing.

Along that thought - is there a way to do a "widow" or "orphan" protect that
just one line of a section doesn't bump to the next page?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

While there isn't a widow/orphan control feature in Excel you can click VIEW
in the menu and select PAGE BREAK PREVIEW to review where breaks are
occurring in your print range.

You can the blue dask break lines horizontally/vertically to adjust a page
break. Between this view, adjusting the margin settings and using the
SCALING feature in the PAGE SETUP dialog box should give you all the control
you need to adjust the page breaks to your liking.

Hope this helps...
--
Kevin Backmann

"NicoleS" wrote:

Is there a way to force a page break in Excel?
(like in word: you can use control+enter)

Sometimes I'd like sections of my pages to stay together when printing.

Along that thought - is there a way to do a "widow" or "orphan" protect that
just one line of a section doesn't bump to the next page?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In the second paragraph I meant to say that you can drag the blue dash break
lines either horizontally or vertically to adjust a page break.

I'd better eat some lunch, apparently I'm in dire need of some protein.
--
Kevin Backmann