Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Countif OR Sumif using a text and number variable

Hi all,

I'm trying to get a material count based on two variables. Here's an
example of the data...
Location Status Bike Rack Size
Park A Installed 4
Park B Installed 6
Park C Installed 6
Park D Installed 8
Park E Installed 8
Park F Installed 8
Park G Needed 4
Park H Needed 4
Park I Needed 6
Park J Needed 6
Park K Needed 6
Park L Needed 8
Park M Needed 10

And here's the type of result I'm looking for...
Installed 6
4 Bike Rack 1
6 Bike Rack 2
8 Bike Rack 3
10 Bike Rack 0
Needed 7
4 Bike Rack 2
6 Bike Rack 3
8 Bike Rack 1
10 Bike Rack 1

Thanks to this forum I can get the count of "installed" vs "needed" and the
count of each size of bike rack. I can't figure out how to get the
combination.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=SUMPRODUCT(--($B$2:$B$20="Installed"),--($C$2:$C$20=4))

etc.

--
HTH

Bob

[...]