Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel help - Is there a way to

Looking at the chart below, is there a way to limit what is entered in the
"Actual" column

E.g. in cell B2 10% has been entered
in cell B3 I want to limit it so the max you can enter is 90%
in cell B4 I want to limit it so the max you can enter is 80%
And so on

Target Actual
10% 10%
20% 10%
30%
40%
50%
60%
70%
80%
90%
100%

Thanking you in advance
Derek

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes. The Excel feature you want is Data Validation. As you implied in your
subject line, the place to find more details is Excel Help.
If you need any more assistance, you may need to clarify whether the formula
for the maximum allowed in B4 is 1-SUM(B$2:B3) or whether it is related in
some way to column A.
--
David Biddulph

"Stig - tame racing driver" wrote in