Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I find data excluded from a list in excel?

HI,
Let say I have the following list in cells B2 to B10: "B2, B3, B4, B5, B6,
B7, B8, B9, B10". After some manipulations, I have selected the following
from the list:"B2, B3, B4, B8, B9, B10" in cells C2 to C7. I then would like
to display in cells C8 to 11 the data that have not been selected in cells C2
to C7. How do I go about setting this up without using multiple nested if
statements?

Or a simplified version of the above: Let say I have the letters "A" in cell
B2, "B" in cell B3, and "C" in cell B4. In cell C2 and C3 I enter two of the
letters. (For example, I enter in cell C2 the letter "A" and in cell C3 I
enter "C"). In cell C4 I want to display the letter that has not been
selected (which should be "B"). How do I go about setting this up without
using multiple nested if statements?

Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Based on your first description enter this array formula** in C8 and copy
down to C10:

=INDEX(B$2:B$10,SMALL(IF(ISNA(MATCH(B$2:B$10,C$2:C $7,0)),ROW(B$2:B$10)),ROWS(C$8:C8))-ROW(B$2)+1)

key then hit ENTER.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Nguyen92002" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"T. Valko" wrote:

Based on your first description enter this array formula** in C8 and copy
down to C10:

=INDEX(B$2:B$10,SMALL(IF(ISNA(MATCH(B$2:B$10,C$2:C $7,0)),ROW(B$2:B$10)),ROWS(C$8:C8))-ROW(B$2)+1)

CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER (not just ENTER). Hold down both the CTRL key and the
SHIFT
key then hit ENTER.