Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Urgent help needed please

Excel 2007 (2003 .xls format)

I just opened a spreadsheet and on doing so I am not sure it is the one that
I want. I could tell this by the date it was modified last. Upon looking
with Windows Explorer under the "Date modified" column it gives today's
date! It is not giving the date of last modification but the date of last
opening.

How can I find this out please. It is very important.

Thanks in advance... Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Close the sheet without saving.

If you look in Windows Explorer while the sheet is open, it will have
today's date, not the real date of modification.

Always check the date BEFORE openning the file.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu2007k

"Bob Newman" wrote:

Excel 2007 (2003 .xls format)

I just opened a spreadsheet and on doing so I am not sure it is the one that
I want. I could tell this by the date it was modified last. Upon looking
with Windows Explorer under the "Date modified" column it gives today's
date! It is not giving the date of last modification but the date of last
opening.

How can I find this out please. It is very important.

Thanks in advance... Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Explorer always shows modified date as today's date when the workbook is
open.

Close the workbook without saving then go back to Explorer and you will see
the real modified date.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 18:53:43 -0500, "Bob Newman" wrote:

Excel 2007 (2003 .xls format)

I just opened a spreadsheet and on doing so I am not sure it is the one that
I want. I could tell this by the date it was modified last. Upon looking
with Windows Explorer under the "Date modified" column it gives today's
date! It is not giving the date of last modification but the date of last
opening.

How can I find this out please. It is very important.

Thanks in advance... Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 18:53:43 -0500, "Bob Newman" wrote:

Excel 2007 (2003 .xls format)

I just opened a spreadsheet and on doing so I am not sure it is the one that
I want. I could tell this by the date it was modified last. Upon looking
with Windows Explorer under the "Date modified" column it gives today's
date! It is not giving the date of last modification but the date of last
opening.

How can I find this out please. It is very important.

Thanks in advance... Bob

Office Button (upper Left)
Prepare
Properties
Click the down arrow next to "Document Properties" and select Advanced
Statistics Tab
If the file has been previously saved, look at the Modified date.

--ron