Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Indirect - how to ensure the formatting is transferred

Hi Guys especially JB

Thanks to your excellent, concise and informed direction my chess
tournament spreadsheet for use by the pupils at the school I teach in, is in
ready to rock.

One hopefully last thing..

How do you ensure when indirect looks up a cell it transfers the formatting ..

In this case the colour of the font .. Some kids can only play only certain
days ..

Thanks for yesterday's help and keep up the great support ..

regards

Pete Garner

Dean Close School, Cheltenham, England
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Formulas return values to their calling cells.

They cannot return formatting.

For that, you'd need to use an Event Macro instead of your formula.

If you need help with that, post back with a description of what your
formulae are trying to do...