Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivottable refresh in shared workbook

How can I refresh pivottables in a shared workbook? I have "refresh on open"
marked which doesn't seem to refresh unless I remove sharing. Also, is there
a way to "open exclusive" like we can with Access databases? If I can
automate removing/replacing sharing, I know I can refresh pivottables between
those two actions.

Thanks much for any assistance!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

To facilitate sharing of workbooks, Excel has to remove certain core
functionalities. The only way around this is to unshare the workbook. I
don't know of an open exclusive type of access, unless of course, it means
using unshared workbooks.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP