Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to read data in a cell?

Currently I am trying to do an advance equation in a cell or possibly a
macro. Since I do not have much experience with Microsoft Excel I want to try
to explain what I am trying to do. This is very difficult to explain but I
will try my best. There is two spreadsheets that are linked together.

Basically theres 3 columns. In column B, theres a number that needs to be
found on another spreadsheet. After the number is found in say Column C of
said spreadsheet, a date needs to be searched for lets say Column A of said
spreadsheet. Now that the date and the number equal each other. On Column D
theres a alpha value that needs to be displayed on the first spreadsheet that
was mentioned with the column b that has just the number on Column C. Is this
possible? And if anyone can help me please do!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How does a number equal a Date. Can yhou post some samples of the data that
need to be searched? I think you can do whatt you want with formulas. You
don't need a macro unless you want one.