Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Countif or sumproduct using a date range and another criteria

On Jan 11, 2:21*pm, "T. Valko" wrote:
Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(B4:B400="Violation"),--(MONTH(J4:J400)=1),--(YEAR(J4:J400)=2*008))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"michaelberrier" wrote in message

I've been through about two dozen threads but cannot find the specific
solution I need, so here goes.

I need to count how many times a particular occurence (we'll say
"Violation" and it is listed in range B4:B400) occurred in January of
last year (listed in range J4:J400) *I've tried putting two Sumproduct
criteria together and I've tried modified countifs, but neither will
work with both criteria in my current form.

I appreicate any help.- Hide quoted text -

Absolutely perfect! Thanks.