DW

Default why can't I add a hyperlink to my excel document?

The hyperlink option is greyed out.
Fredrik Wahlgren

"DW" wrote in message
The hyperlink option is greyed out.

Try Insert|Function...

/Fredrik

PCLIVE

Click the desired cell, then the hyperlink button should be available.
This option is greyed out if you have clicked in the formula line. This
will also be true if you have double-clicked a cell or started typing in a
cell. You must enter what you want in the cell and then press enter to
leave the cell. Then click once on that cell and you should be able to
click the hyperlink button.

HTH,
Paul

"DW" wrote in message
The hyperlink option is greyed out.

Gord Dibben

Are any other menu options grayed out?

Could be you enabled sheet protection.

Shared workbooks also gray out the hyperlink option.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 07:04:03 -0700, "DW" wrote:

The hyperlink option is greyed out.

DW

Thanks, but I found out it was because I had made the file "shared" for
whatever reason, this prevented me from making or editing a hyperlink.

"Good lookin' out" though...
DW