Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Connecting Excel sheets to Access Tables???

Using Excel '03 and Access '03:
NOTE: I always reply weather or not posts help me or not.

I posted this question in the Access Discussion group and was referred to
post it here due its orgin being in excel. This seems to be a hot topic
because I have had several (10) posts with no exact answer. If you wish to
read/view them you can refer to question (On the Access Discussion Board):
Subject: Connecting Access with Excel? 1/8/2009 10:16 AM PST

If someone could point me in the right direction (web site) that would be
awesome or explain to me the process I would go through.
If you do supply a site, could you also explain to me the basics of whats
going on, that would be great.

Question:
Using Access '03 and Excel '03...

I want to connect excel and access. Here is what I would like to do.

Lets say I have an Access Table with Employee Info. (names, pay, etc.) and
an Excel document (blank).

I want the Excel document to have a column that is connected to a column in
the acesss Table.
I.E. the Names of the Employees.

Then, I want the second column in the Excel document to be link to another
column
in the same table in Access.
I.E. Pay rate

Next, I would like to be able to alter and enter information in the Excel
doc. for columns 3 and on. I WILL NOT BE CHANGING THE INFO. RECIEVED FROM
ACCESS nor do I want to export the info. back to excel.

Here is the catch. I would like for the information in excel that is being
retrieved from the access table to be changed/altered/updated if I change
information
in the Access Table.
I.E. Change of pay or more importantly, Add/Delete employees.

I do not care if I change info. in excel and it does not affect access. I
also do not care if I manually have to update by going to Edit, Links, Update
Values.

Is this possible??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
yes. quite easily too. what you seem to be describing is microsoft query(MSQ).
on the toolbardataIMport external datanew database queryfollow the wizard.
see these sites for more info...
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex...CH100648471033

Regards
FSt1