Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CP CP is offline

Default Combining Data help?

I receive an excel file from a seperate source which not give me enough detail

in the file sheet1 column B shows account name,
I have another file showing account name and depot column a and b respectfully
Assuming I copy and paste the second file to sheet2 of the first file - the
data is in the correct place.

What I need is
where on sheet one and two the account name are equal copy the Depot name to
sheet1

Sheet1 B = Account
Sheet1 C = requires depot info from Sheet2
Sheet2 A = Account
Sheet2 B = Depot

I would also need to show null records as not to loose them on sheet1

I hope that makes some kind of sense - many thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Put this in C2 of Sheet1:

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(B2,Sheet2!A:B,2,0)),"",VLOOKUP(B2 ,Sheet2!A:B,2,0))

and then copy this down as required. It will give you blanks where
there are no matches.

Hope this helps.

Pete