Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cannot delete extra rows

For whatever reason my worksheet goes on to row 1048576 while actual data
ends on row 204. I tried various methods of deleting rows 205-1048576, but
they won't go away. I enter 205:1048576 into the Name Box and hit Delete, but
the same rows return. It's a vicious circle. I can do this over and over.
Also, hitting Ctrl+Shift+Down takes me down to 1048576, yet hitting Ctrl+End
takes me down to only 504. My worksheet is very screwed up, so I need a
surefire method of absolutely eliminating anything from 205 on. Is this
possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can't delete rows (or columns) as such.
You can delete the contents (in which case they get replaced by blank rows
or columns), and/or you can hide the rows or columns, but they still exist.
--
David Biddulph

"jmj713" wrote in message
For whatever reason my worksheet goes on to row 1048576 while actual data
ends on row 204. I tried various methods of deleting rows 205-1048576, but
they won't go away. I enter 205:1048576 into the Name Box and hit Delete,
but
the same rows return. It's a vicious circle. I can do this over and over.
Also, hitting Ctrl+Shift+Down takes me down to 1048576, yet hitting
Ctrl+End
takes me down to only 504. My worksheet is very screwed up, so I need a
surefire method of absolutely eliminating anything from 205 on. Is this
possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have hidden them for now. But I'd prefer to do whatever is necessary to
make the vertical scrollbar reflect the actual number of rows. As it stands,
if unhidden, I cannot grab the slider on the vertical scrollbar to quickly
move throughout the sheet because it is so tiny and will move me outside my
data. So how can I set the end of data for the worksheet so the scrollbar
stops there?

"jmj713" wrote in message
For whatever reason my worksheet goes on to row 1048576 while actual data
ends on row 204. I tried various methods of deleting rows 205-1048576, but
they won't go away. I enter 205:1048576 into the Name Box and hit Delete,
but
the same rows return. It's a vicious circle. I can do this over and over.
Also, hitting Ctrl+Shift+Down takes me down to 1048576, yet hitting
Ctrl+End
takes me down to only 504. My worksheet is very screwed up, so I need a
surefire method of absolutely eliminating anything from 205 on. Is this
possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I think you can clear up one issue - when you press Ctrl+End you are moving
to row 504.

Select rows 205-504 (or all the way down to 1048576) and choose the command
Home, Delete, Delete Rows. Then save the file. Ctrl+End will take you to
row 204.

Instead of Delete Rows you can press Ctrl+- (control minus). You ARE
deleting the rows and Excel is moving rows up to fill the deleted rows
locations.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"jmj713" wrote in message
For whatever reason my worksheet goes on to row 1048576 while actual data
ends on row 204. I tried various methods of deleting rows 205-1048576, but
they won't go away. I enter 205:1048576 into the Name Box and hit Delete,
but
the same rows return. It's a vicious circle. I can do this over and over.
Also, hitting Ctrl+Shift+Down takes me down to 1048576, yet hitting
Ctrl+End
takes me down to only 504. My worksheet is very screwed up, so I need a
surefire method of absolutely eliminating anything from 205 on. Is this
possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just tried this and it doesn't help, unfortunately, even if selecting all the
way down to 1048576. The sheet does end at 254 now, which still amounts to a
whole screen of blank space. Trying to delete 205:254 via this method does
nothing apparently.