abfabrob

Default Date entry automatically

I am creating a spreadsheet containing stats for a weeks work, broken down by
day. I will use the same spreadsheet each week, just replacing the dates.

If I enter Monday's date, is there a way to make the rest of the week's
dates automatically appear? And would this work if the Monday was the end of
the month, like Mon 30 May?

Thank you,

Rob,
Teesside,
UK
Duke Carey

You need only add 1 to Monday's date to get Tuesday, 2 for Wednesday, etc.
Thus, if you will place your Monday starting date in A2 - say 4/11/05, then
B2 would contain

=A2+1 and C2 would contain
=B2+1 etc

Doesn't matter where in the month your Monday falls, Excel will smoothly
handle the change to a new month and even a new year.

"abfabrob" wrote:

I am creating a spreadsheet containing stats for a weeks work, broken down by
day. I will use the same spreadsheet each week, just replacing the dates.

If I enter Monday's date, is there a way to make the rest of the week's
dates automatically appear? And would this work if the Monday was the end of
the month, like Mon 30 May?

Thank you,

Rob,
Teesside,
UK

Duke Carey

OK -

1) Put your Monday date in cell A2 - and make sure Excel recognizes it as a
date, not as text
2) in cell B2 type the following

=A2+1

3) in cell C2 type the following