Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula in cell !!!

I keep getting an annoying alert "Formula in cell !!!" even when the cell is
empty. Any ideas on why and how I can stop these false alerts occuring?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Where exactly are you seeing this message -
- a dialog box?
- in a cell?
- on the status bar?

Does this occur in all workbooks, one workbook or only some sheet(s) in a
workbook?

It sounds like you have a VBA macro running.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

" wrote:

I keep getting an annoying alert "Formula in cell !!!" even when the cell is
empty. Any ideas on why and how I can stop these false alerts occuring?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thx Shane

The message appears in what looks like a text box. It disappears when I
select some other cell (or more likely the first message disappears and a
new identical one appears).

It appears randomly on different worksheets in different workbooks. It may
or may not appear when there actually is a formula in the cell!

I don't intentionally have any macro's running.