Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formulas available in pivot table and grouping drop-down menus

Does anyone know if I can customize excel to offer me other formulas when
creating a pivot table or using the grouping function? I'm referring to the
drop down list where you choose a formula and would like to be able to add
median to the list.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

The answer is no, unfortunately. You can create your own formulas under
PivotTable, Formulas, Calculated Fields or Calculated Items. However, be
extremely careful when you use these, check the results to make sure they
calculate what you want. Because of the way Microsoft has set up this area
you can not get a meaningful result from a MEDIAN formula. It will return a
result but it will be incorrect.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Deb C" <Deb wrote in message
Does anyone know if I can customize excel to offer me other formulas when
creating a pivot table or using the grouping function? I'm referring to
the
drop down list where you choose a formula and would like to be able to add
median to the list.

DROP DOWN MENUS with formulas curiousgeorge Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 6 December 10th 16 09:19 AM
Pivot table - grouping with formulas Owen Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 October 18th 06 12:39 PM
Old data in Pivot Table drop-down menus Steve Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 August 29th 06 06:21 PM
formulas for drop down menus Char Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 July 18th 05 07:29 PM
Problem with Pivot Table Drop-Down Menus Mac Excel Worksheet Functions 4 November 7th 04 01:18 PM