Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional formatting on ADJACENT Cells

I know this may sound like a dumb question, but I have values in column A
that I want to have a grey background if their corresponding value in Column
B =1. I can't seem to find a way to establish that condition for a cell
other than itself! HELP, Please??
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

No dumb questions here.

Select A1 and goto Conditional Formatting Condition1 : Formula is
Formula to be entered in the next field: =B1=1
Format as desired.

Regards,
Per

On 6 Jan., 18:56, jayceejay
wrote:
I know this may sound like a dumb question, but I have values in column A
that I want to have a grey background if their corresponding value in Column
B =1. *I can't seem to find a way to establish that condition for a cell
other than itself! *HELP, Please??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

click on A1 and Format Conditional Formatting Formula is

=B1=1

and pick a grey background
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200824

"jayceejay" wrote:

I know this may sound like a dumb question, but I have values in column A
that I want to have a grey background if their corresponding value in Column
B =1. I can't seem to find a way to establish that condition for a cell
other than itself! HELP, Please??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Either use format painter to copy your format down the range, or select the
range before you apply the CF condition. Make sure that your CF condition
is exactly as suggested, and that you don't, for example, have an absolute
address where you want a relative address.
--
David Biddulph