Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Delete Data from a Database

In Excel 2002, there is no longer a Delete command in the Data menu. How can
I specify criteria in one or more columns and delete rows containing data
that matches the criteria, without writing a macro. I suspect that filtering
is the answer but I can't find any help on deleting.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

There was no Delete command on the Data menu in 2000?

To delete items you work backwards:
1. Use either Filter or AutoFilter to display the items you want to delete
2. Select the all the results without the titles and press Del.
3. Remove the filter
4. To remove all the blank rows you can sort or use the goto special blanks
command followed by del.

cheers,
Shane Devenshire