Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Look up functions

Is there a formula that will look up the value in cell B1 in a sheet named
AE1 and copy the value into cell O3 in sheet named Data?
I have several sheets and values I need copied.
I have tried making the cell O3 in the Data sheet =AE1!B1 but I do not
always have a sheet named AE1 for the cell to refer to. I need to be able to
copy the Data sheet into a workbook and have it populate automatically and if
a sheet is not found the return a value of 0 to that cell.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One way:

=IF(ISERROR(AE1!A1),0,AE1!A1)

--
JBeaucaire
JBeaucaire's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=73

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Works great, but can I copy into a new workbook with out it referencing the
workbook it came out of?

"JBeaucaire" wrote:

One way:

=IF(ISERROR(AE1!A1),0,AE1!A1)

--
JBeaucaire
JBeaucaire's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=73
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=46793

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Copy/Paste would add the original workbook name. Why copy? Just write
new versions for the new workbook.