Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Nested If functions and Formulas

I am doing a time sheet and am having trouble doing IF functions and formulas
for cells.

=SUM((B6-B5)*24,(B4-B3)*24)
=IF(B7=0,"",SUM(B7-7.5))

What I'm trying to achieve is in B7 if B6=0, blank, if B6=7.5, blank,
otherwise B7=B6-7.5

In B7 I want to show overtime or deduct time if less than 7.5 hrs
How do I do this?

Thanks

--
Ginny

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That just gives me 0.00 in B7
--
Ginny

"Elkar" wrote:

Perhaps something like:

=IF(OR(B6=0,B6=7.5),0,B6-7.5)

HTH
Elkar

"Ginny" wrote:

I am doing a time sheet and am having trouble doing IF functions and formulas
for cells.

=SUM((B6-B5)*24,(B4-B3)*24)
=IF(B7=0,"",SUM(B7-7.5))

What I'm trying to achieve is in B7 if B6=0, blank, if B6=7.5, blank,
otherwise B7=B6-7.5

In B7 I want to show overtime or deduct time if less than 7.5 hrs
How do I do this?

Thanks

--
Ginny

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry Elkar, it does work - thanks a bunch!!!
--
Ginny

"Elkar" wrote:

Perhaps something like:

=IF(OR(B6=0,B6=7.5),0,B6-7.5)

HTH
Elkar

"Ginny" wrote:

I am doing a time sheet and am having trouble doing IF functions and formulas
for cells.

=SUM((B6-B5)*24,(B4-B3)*24)
=IF(B7=0,"",SUM(B7-7.5))

What I'm trying to achieve is in B7 if B6=0, blank, if B6=7.5, blank,
otherwise B7=B6-7.5

In B7 I want to show overtime or deduct time if less than 7.5 hrs
How do I do this?

Thanks

--
Ginny

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just me, but logically wouldn't you want B7 to be 0 for anything in B6
from zero to 7.5? Overtime doesn't kick in until after 7.5, right?

=IF(B6<=7.5,0,B6-7.5)

--
JBeaucaire
JBeaucaire's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=73

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not really because I also want it to show if you worked less than 7.5 how
much that would be - just don't want it to show anything if it's 0 or 7.5.
Does this help?
--
Ginny